Last week, the Pennsylvania Department of Health announced an order providing worker safety measures to combat COVID-19. These measures include ensuring that all employees are aware of required procedures, including those that speak another language.
On April 19, 2020, Pennsylvania's Worker Safety Order took effect which puts into place additional guidelines for worker safety to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures include:
- Providing masks for employees
- Staggering work start and stop times
- Providing space to observe 6' social distancing guidelines
- Conducting meetings and trainings virtually
- Ensuring the facility has sufficient number of personnel to maintain order and enforce social distancing
- Prohibiting non-essential visitors
- Ensuring that all employees who do not speak English as their first language are aware of procedures by communicating the procedures in native or preferred language
For additional information, please read the order in its entirety.
Are you communicating with your employees in their preferred language?
In order to ensure employees understand the new procedures, it's important to identify where there may be gaps in communication. Make your communication equitable by providing translated informational materials and access to interpreting resources.
Need help ensuring your employees understand you?
We're here to help. GLOBO helps organizations ensure access with unified translation and interpreting services. Start the conversation to see how we can help you.